The Landing Theatre Company has closed,
and is no longer accepting submissions for the New American Voices Playwriting Festival. We've enjoyed serving you for the past 11 years.
From August 1 - September 30 The Landing Theatre Company accepts full-length plays for the New American Voices Playwriting Festival. Four plays will be selected for staged readings during the Landing Theatre Company's Spring Festival in Houston, Texas. Selected playwrights must attend the readings (online or in-person depending on the situation in Spring 2021). A stipend of $100 will be awarded to each winning playwright. Playwrights must be prepared to cover their own travel expenses if the event is held in person.
1. There is a $12 fee for submitting, which is used to cover the cost of script processing and to pay selection panelists for their time and expertise.
1. THE LANDING IS NO LONGER ACCEPTING SUBMISSIONS FOR THE NAV FESTIVAL.
1. Selected playwrights must attend the festival.
2. Each playwright will be paired with a local director prior to the festival to prepare for the event.
3. Director will cast the play prior to the festival.
4. Each production will receive at least two rehearsals prior to the official reading.
5. One rehearsal will be scheduled when the playwright can attend.
6. The play will then be read in front of an audience, with a moderated discussion of the play afterwards.
Submissions must meet the following criteria:
1. Playwright must be a citizen or legal resident of the United States of America.
2. Play must not have been produced.
3. Play must not have had a public reading in the Houston area.
4. Submission must be received on or before September 30th.
5. Submission must be a minimum of 30 pages long and have a minimum run time of 45 minutes.
6. Submission must be in .doc, .pdf or .rtf format.
7. Plays are given blind reads, so there should be no playwright identifiers anywhere on the script. Your name and contact information should only be in the submission form.
8. Only one play per playwright per submission period.
9. No musicals, children's plays, or one-person plays.
10. Original scripts only. No adaptations or works that involve third party rights.
OTHER RESOURCES FOR PLAYWRIGHTS
PHILADELPHIA DRAMATISTS CENTER
RESOURCES FOR YOUNG WRITERS
VSA PLAYWRIGHT DISCOVERY PROGRAM COMPETITION