DEVELOPMENTAL READING SERIES
Annually from October 1st - October 31st, The Landing Theatre Company invites playwrights living in the Greater Houston area to submit full-length plays for our Developmental Reading Series, a Landing Local New Works Initiative. From the works submitted, plays will be chosen for staged readings, specifically geared towards script development. The playwrights of these works will be paired with a local director, who will cast and rehearse the work, culminating in a staged reading, in front of a live audience, with a moderated discussion afterwards. Playwrights are encouraged to attend rehearsals. Any interested playwrights, who meet the criteria below, can submit their script to:
1. Submissions accepted from October 1st-October 31st.
Submissions must meet the following criteria:
1. Playwright must be a resident the Greater Houston area.
2. Submission must be received on or before October 31st.
3. Submission must be a minimum of 30 pages long and have a minimum run time of 45 minutes.
4. Submission must be in .doc, .pdf or .rtf format.
5. Only one play per playwright per submission period.
6. No musicals, children's plays, or one-person plays.
7. Original scripts only. No adaptations or works that involve third party rights.
8. Playwrights will only be notified if your play is selected.
Submissions accepted at LandingLocalNewWorks@gmail.com
OTHER RESOURCES FOR PLAYWRIGHTS
PHILADELPHIA DRAMATISTS CENTER
RESOURCES FOR YOUNG WRITERS
VSA PLAYWRIGHT DISCOVERY PROGRAM COMPETITION