CLASSES FOR ACTORS AND WRITERS
2017 ALLIANCE AUDITIONS
David Rainey, Instructor
3 Sessions - $150.00
Group A: (New Times)
Session 1: Saturday, May 20th - 1:30-4:30pm
Session 2: Saturday, May 27th - 1:30-4:30pm
Session 3: Monday, May 29h - 6:30-9:30pm
Session 1: Sunday, May 21st - 6:30-9:30pm
Session 2: Sunday, May 28th - 6:30-9:30pm
Session 3: Tuesday, May 30th - 6:30-9:30pm
ALLIANCE AUDITIONS are JUNE 3-4, 2017
1. This class is speciffically to prepare for the Alliance Auditions, therefore all actors in the class must have a confirmed slot at the audition.
2. On the first day, bring in more than two audition pieces (preferablly 3-4), even if you are sure of the pairing you wish io present.
3. Monologues should be memorized or close to it. We will not be selecting monologues, but shaping them, so come prepared with peices that you feel suit you well and might showcase you best at the audition.
4. We will work on anything you bring in, but know that material that is not from a theatrical source, i.e. from a play or musical, is not recommmentded. Peices from movies, books, pop culture or self written monologues are risky, so choose wisely.
5. Try to read the plays your monologues come from. The more information you have about the plays and characters, the more you'll have to work with.
DAVID RAINEY has been a member of the Alley Theatre’s Resident Company for the past 16 years, and is the Founding Executive Artistic Director of The Landing Theatre Company. A graduate of The Juilliard School, he received the Juilliard Theatre Center’s top honor, The Michel and Suria Saint-Denis Prize, and over the years has received numerous awards and nominations of his work as an actor and director. As a teacher he has taught hundreds of actors in Houston, at all levels. On stage he has performed for Steppenwolf Theatre Company, the National Actors Theatre, the Guthrie Theatre, Joseph Papp Public Theatre, Theatre de la Jeune Lune, Berkeley Repertory Theatre, Hartford Stage Company, Manhattan Theatre Club, The Acting Company, New York Shakespeare Festival, Repertory Theatre of St. Louis, Ford’s Theatre, Asolo Theatre Company, Dallas Theatre Center, Shakespeare Festival LA, Crossroads Theatre Company, among others. On television he has appeared on Cosby, Law & Order, Vengeance Unlimited, As the World Turns, and One Life to Live. Film credits include North Starr, Hell Swarm, Starforce, Lowball, Multifacial, The 'M' Word, Brushing Death and Don’t Go There. In addition to professional classes, he offers ongoing private coaching for actors.